Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day



I had a great first Mother's Day on Sunday. I think I'm going to love this holiday since it's like having a second birthday, and all who know me know how much I LOVE my birthday!! Seriously, though, it is a sweet day since it's all about your husband and baby expressing their appreciation for you. It did make me feel really good to know someone thinks I'm doing a good job as a new mom.

To celebrate, we joined Joe's parents and the Steinke family at the Ivanhoe Club for brunch. We had a lovely time and later celebrated Mother's Day with just our immediate family of three at home with a Thai dinner (thanks, daddy!) and a perfect gift of a locket that is still being designed. I have a very creative husband who made it a great day for me.

2 comments:

Rose said...

yeah! Happy first Mother's day! I'm glad it was nice, it only gets better from here!

Roxanne said...

A locket- How fun!! It was great having coffee with you- hope we can do thai lunch soon!! :) Happy Mama Day! You are rocking at this new gig!