"You're pregnant? Ohhhh...were you trying to get pregnant?" Yes. People, I realize that I'm as old a Mariah Carey, but this is my second child. It's only her first. And I'm still younger than Nicole Kidman and she has a newborn. So there.
"When is your due date?" September 28, but remember that pesky fibroid situation from my first pregnancy? Yeah, I may need to have another c-section scheduled before then.
"Are you sure you're not having twins?" Yes, another mother asked me this question and all I have to say is...really? Granted, my belly has popped out much sooner (I saw it at 10 weeks), but strangers still don't know I'm pregnant. But to add insult to injury, my doctor did tell e that at 14 weeks I'm measuring 16-17 weeks, probably due to the fibroid.
"How is your pregnancy going?" Well, let's see. Constant nauseau and vomiting, which is par for the course for many women. And you know how all you want to eat is carbs when you feel nauseas? Yeah, well I already have gestational diabetes so I can't eat them. Consequently I'm down two pounds since I got pregnant. Don't worry, all the cashews and plain full fat ice cream I'm allowed to eat will soon pack those pounds back on!
Hopefully my entree into the second trimester will give me a new, rosy attitude. For now, I need to go take a nap.

3 comments:
The baby's due on my birthday!!!!
Congrats! You know, Wheaton is a great place to raise kids...
WOW- you are knocked up!!! You go girl, and go joe :) Hope I can see you while I'm here!!!COngrats!! so exciting!
Post a Comment