We've been busy around here lately with me starting back to work a couple of weeks ago. I'm happy to report that it's going well so far, and we are majorly blessed to have a wonderful babysitter named Grace come and play with Gavin a couple of times a week so I can get stuff done. It has been a big mental transition to go from mommy mode to business mode, but I'm finally getting back into it. Our whole family will travel to the Harvest event in Southern California next month so I can work. Joe and Gavin will hang out at the hotel to catch some pool time and will also get to spend time with our dear friends the Perry's before I join them for a little R & R later in the week. We are excited about what has become a yearly trip for us to So Cal, and can't wait to visit Carl's Jr., In-n-Out, and spend time in Elizabeth Lake and Ventura. We would also love to see any of you who are living in Southern California while we're out there...Rose?In other happenings, Gavin is learning how to swim! Okay, I guess that's an exageration since he's only 15 weeks old (tomorrow), but he is learning to like the pool. The picture above is evidence of his exhaustion after 45 minutes of floating with his dad in his grandparent's pool. He is really enjoying becoming our water baby.
Our little guy is getting bigger and bigger each day. He's at about 12 1/2 lbs. now and talking up a storm. He really thinks he is telling us something as he intently screeches and practices his vocal intonation to give us a piece of his mind or to just laugh. It is so much fun to interact with him in this way! We can't wait until he can actually say a few words, but we can definitely communicate with one another right now.
Okay, back to work...

3 comments:
I just love when babies sleep with their arms stretched out like that! Charlotte used to do that all the time!
I'm on board! Email me and let me know the dates again. I would LOVE to see the Perrys, too, if possible!
So cute! Glad working is going well for you so far :)
Post a Comment