




It's official. The type of invitations we receive for parties has changed. I remember the days when people would invite us to dinner parties, cocktail parties, housewarming parties, and end-of-the-work-week parties. We have now entered the realm of the next generation...kid's birthday parties! And I've gotta tell you, we actually see more of our friends at this type of party so I'm not complaining, but when did life move along so quickly? How do we have close friends with children who are five?
We spent Saturday at two such rockin' birthday parties--one for Sophia Steinke (#2) and one for Mackenzie Kron (#5). It was the day of the little girl, complete with a Barbie Cake, a princess castle, a Strawberry shortcake pinata, a balloon toss, and plenty of food to go around. Needless to say, these kids had fun, and so did we as we played alongside them.
So today I am back in the world of adults...going to work, meeting with clients, and drinking lots of coffee. Somehow it's not as much fun as being a kid, so keep those party invitations coming.

No comments:
Post a Comment