Friday, October 16, 2009

Like Father, Like Son


I spent hours yesterday on the phone and in the car trying to track down a specific winter jacket and matching bib overall for Gavin. Earlier this week, I spent hours in different stores and online trying to figure out what the heck a newly-minted toddler should wear to play in the snow. It was so much easier last year when all the boy did was lie in a carrier--zip him into a Bundle Me and you're done.

After much deliberation about buntings, I finally figured out that the warmest and easiest thing to get on my 18-month-old child is just a jacket. A matching bib overall will suffice for walks outside and rolling in the snow. I found what I was looking for at Baby Gap, but of course they were out of Gavin's size throughout Chicagoland, with the exception of one set left at Northbrook Court. So, I braved rain, cold, and a missed nap to nab an outfit my son isn't even that thrilled about wearing. But maybe he'll realize that his jacket looks a lot like Dad's and clamor to wear it.

Doubtful. I realize that this cute matching winter outfit is really for me and I worked darned hard to get it.

No comments: