Friday, December 21, 2007

A Chocolate Christmas Miracle!

A Christmas miracle occured for me this week. One of my office mates from California put a 2 pound box of See's candy in the kitchen for shared consumption. How could they have known that every day I dream of See's bordeaux bars and caramel marshamallows, only available on the West Coast? How could they have known that ever since I visited my parents in Utah last month I have been dreaming of ways to order a tub of chocolates without Joe finding out? (Don't worry, I wouldn't actually do it!)

This is crazy behavior for me, I know. Nicky put it best yesterday when she walked into the office to find me cramming chocolates into my mouth.

"If I didn't know you were pregnant by looking at you, I would definitely figure it out now. I don't think I've seen you eat chocolate in two years."

"Ummmhummmm, Nibby. Ib's gooooodt. Mmmmmmmm!" I replied.

Merry Christmas to me and the Baby Boy!! Those 20 pieces of chocolate I ate this week will definitely morph into the gift that keeps on giving.

1 comment:

Beck said...

I'm with you on the chocolate front... if it's a pretzel and there's chocolate near it, I'll consume it. And I'm definitely NOT pregnant.

I've been wanting to try a carmel marshmallow.

I went to school on the west coast and think Fannie May Pixies are the best chocolates ever! Sorry! But I'm willing to accept bribes from Sees :-)